BEYOND THE BOOK!
We offer this program for homeschoolers as well. Click here for more information.
The Beyond the Book Program is a social skills class that provides children the opportunity to share their love of reading with others in a small group setting. The sessions are one hour long and include book discussions that focus on higher level comprehension skills including, but not limited to making inferences, drawing conclusions, character analysis and so much more! Participants are provided with opportunities to participate in group activities that focus on themes from the books they read together. Through engaging book discussions and activities, the children will blend their reading skills and social skills together while having fun! This unique blend offers opportunities to improve in these critical areas of education by:
- strengthening conversation skills facilitated through book discussions
- inferencing social situations through reading comprehension
- recognizing multiple perspectives, through a variety of reading genres
- cooperating with others through theme-related group activities
- developing friendships with gentle guidance
This program will take place on Mondays at 6:00 pm beginning on February 4th, 2019. Contact us to register!